Overall Job Definition
The IT Auditor is responsible for performing audits of the bank’s information technology systems, processes and controls to assess their effectiveness, efficiency, and compliance with applicable laws and regulations. This role plays a critical part in ensuring that the bank’s information technology operations are secure and reliable.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Ensure compliance with U.B.A. regulations, Albanian legal framework, and bank’s policies and procedures.
2. Demonstrate honesty, objectivity, and diligence in performing duties and responsibilities.
3. Display the best ethical standards in relations and contact with third parties.
4. Respect the confidentiality of information received while on duty and store it safely.
5. Avoid conflict of interest and do not audit units previously responsible for a year.
6. Use information acquired prudently and not for personal gain.
7. Identify and report internal wrongdoing, errors and omissions, inefficiency, waste, ineffectiveness, and conflict of interest.
8. Develop and execute IT audit plans aligned with the bank’s overall risk management strategy and audit standards.
9. Conduct audits of the bank’s IT systems, applications, infrastructure, and processes to identify weaknesses, vulnerabilities, and opportunities for improvement.
10. Evaluate the effectiveness of IT controls, including logical and physical access controls, change management, security management, and backup and recovery procedures.
11. Identify, document, and communicate audit findings, recommendations, and action plans to Head of the Department.
12. Collaborate with other internal audit teams to ensure IT risks are addressed in the overall audit plan.
13. Stay current with industry best practices, emerging risks, technologies, and changes in applicable laws and regulations related to IT auditing.
14. Participate in special projects and initiatives related to IT risk management and compliance.
15. Review and assess IT policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure they are up-to-date, relevant, and aligned with the bank’s risk management strategy and objectives.
16. Test and evaluate the effectiveness of disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
17. Collaborate with Head of Department to assess IT risks associated with new products, services, or initiatives, and provide recommendations to mitigate those risks.
1. Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, accounting, or related field.
2. Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) certification required.
3. Over 2-3 years of experience in IT audit, information security, or related field.
4. Knowledge of IT auditing standards, methodologies, and best practices.
5. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to think critically and identify root causes of issues.
6. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
7. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
8. Familiarity with banking and financial services industry regulations and compliance requirements is preferred.
9. Be eager for further knowledge and experience to keep informed about improvements and current developments in internal auditing standards, procedures, and techniques.
10. Very good knowledge of written & spoken English and computer skills.
The interested candidates should present the detailed Curriculum Vitae to the Human Resources Department before May 15, 2023. Only the candidates that meet the criteria will be contacted for the interview.